Identifying obscure languages?

FenDrifter

Hi all
My next beginners question is, is there a known way of identifying unknown languages please? On a few occasions I’ve come across a couple of fairly close stations which are in languages I don’t understand, and where the digital frequency readout doesn’t help. More often just one station is transmitting and I can’t be sure which it is. I’ve sometimes waited for a program change but then just as they’re about to give the station name it warbles! I’m sure these must be lifelong problems for all, and I’m curious as to solutions.

Drifter