CC Pocket - not so deaf after all

kevin asato

I mentioned recently that the CC Pocket seemed a bit deaf. Well maybe not so dependent upon where or how you listen. It is definitely deaf inside the house having to deal with much electrical interference. However, I managed to clearly hear many LA  stations while walking around the neighborhood not more than a mile from home and a bit of DX as well. Without looking at a signal strength meter, I caught:

620 KTAR Phoenix
660 KTNN Winsdow Rock, AZ - CW, Native American music
680 KNBR San Francisco - sports talk
880 KIXI Mercer Island, WA

For this last one I did not catch an ID but was able to listen to the Gonzaga vs Utah Basketball Game and did a web lookup for ID. With the exception of KNBR, all should have been running at night time power reduction. I did not listen for any challenging stations as it was a quick walk and to get an idea of the ears that this radio has in the wild rather than cooped up in my house. Not bad. The usual disclaimers apply.

73,
kevin
kc6pob