Re: What to expect in the US - 9 khz AM band spacing?

Peter Laws

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 1:25 PM Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

Seems like one of my non-ultralight receivers (he said, noting which
list he's replying to) erased all the memories I had set up on the
band when I switched to 9-kHz steps - be forewarned. I don't think my
Tecsun PL-606 does that but don't remember. If it hits 60 F here
today, and it's headed that way, I may take the PL-606 out on the deck
while I work and will test.
Made it to 60 F (just) and fiddled with the PL-606 a bit on the back
deck. Switching steps from 10 to 9 didn't erase the memory presets but
did also change the lower end of FM broadcast to 64 MHz and the
thermometer to degrees C!

I can't recall if it's the default, but the PL-606 tunes in 1-kHz
steps *anyway* unless you start thumbing the wheel quickly and then it
moves by 10 kHz or 9 kHz per step.