Re: Head to Head Test - Digitech AR-1733 v Kmart Portable Radio (JR-61H760) - AM Band

Gary DeBock

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 01:30 PM, Phil Pasteur wrote:
This is for the 3.5" model. I am not sure that Gary ever got the 3" documented... at least not that I have seen. The 3.5 is very similar. I think it uses the same litz wire and variable cap. Different rods, maybe.
He also has articles out there for 5 and 7 inch models. Try a search.
Hi Phil, Issac, Paul and All,

Phil is correct-- the new 3" Baby FSL full construction article is still in the works. I've attached design photos of the 3 inch 125mm rod FSL model that Paul uses, and also an all-new design of a 3 inch 100mm ferrite rod model. Until the new full construction article is completed, technically skilled DXers can order the materials in the design photo(s), and use the 3.5 inch FSL construction steps from the 2016 article as a general guide to assemble your new antenna. I've also attached the construction parts photo from the new article.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)