Re: Maybe I'm weird? Or strange ways that I enjoy the DX'ing hobby!

Paul Blundell

Thanks for posting this.

I am also a bit "weird" in that I also like to hunt down TX sites and "see" what I am hearing.

I also like to run my longterm dxing project which I know is not everyone's cup of tea but I find it interesting and enjoyable.

On the FM side, I don't spend as much time on this band, I have some local stations I can hear all the time but I mostly listen to this band when in bed of a night time.

Paul

On Thu, 30 Dec 2021, 2:27 am Johnny via groups.io, <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Maybe I'm weird?

But I guess we all have our different "ways" that we like to engage in our DX'ing hobby.

The little things that we get a "kick" out of...  Stuff that would be hard to explain to other DX'ers (maybe?), but out of the question to try to explain to a non-DX'er.

I like to DX both the AM band and the FM band....  But I'm fickle and switch between both bands frequently.

I grew up deeply loving the FM dial and still get a kick out of DX'ing it and REALLY, REALLY got hooked DX'ing this band when I got my first long-distance FM reception this summer

That was really exciting for me and was while I was vacationing in Tennessee, and the station came in loud and clear from Texas!  Super cool!

Okay, so anyways....

One of the "niche" DX'ing activities that I have is that I like to DX the FM dial for just my state of Michigan.  But, I like to find where the transmitters are located and then take a "Sunday Drive" with my wife to see them in person or if we're on a vacation trip, if the location is further away, as we frequently vacation in our state.

Kind of kookie, I know...  Never said I was normal at all!  ;)

I was wondering, anyone of our group care to share a "niche" aspect of the DX'ing hobby that they enjoy?

If we share the more subtle aspects of our hobby, it just might give someone else a cool idea on how to further enjoy this fun hobby.

Just sharing with the group!  Happy *almost* New Year!

Johnny