Re: Retekess V-115 FM/AM/SW Radio Review – July 2021

Paul Blundell

December 2021 Update:
Recently I was sent a replacement V-115. After undertaking some testing I can confirm:
- The battery life is better and it does not seem to discharge as much when not in use.
- AM reception is about the same, the lower end of the band really struggles, even when using my 3" FSL. 3GG on 531kHz, which is one of my reference stations is very hard to hear, even compared to my lower end radios.
- FM reception is borderline, most stations work well enough but a number have a much lower signal level.
- The controls on this one seem worse, with the buttons being harder to press and a number not seeming to register the buttons being pressed at times.