Re: Sony SRF-59

Richard Allen

It was the first ultralight receiver many of us early ULR DXers began with.  A very low-cost receiver with minimal controls.  My only complaint with it was the stiff, recessed tuning control making it difficult to change frequencies especially at the high-end of the band, and many of us soon tuned to alternatives.

Good DX.

Richard Allen.

On Dec 4, 2021, at 09:03, M.I.H.0 via groups.io <metagenetics@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with the above pocket radio as an ultralight MW DX machine?

I picked one of these up on ebay, on a recommendation and it's arrived this afternoon. It's in fantastic condition.

Many thanks,
Mark.