Re: Sony SRF-59

Phillip Fimiani

I saw pics once of someone that gutting the radio and mounted it on some wood... to put a CD disk on the dial... improved the tuning control immensely.  I prepped a cd in the microwave... about 15 to 30 seconds... it crackles the disk coating.. Looks cool. Only a few lightning bolts in the microwave lol...

Mortimer says "Stay Safe"
Best Regards
Phil
KD2HTN / WA2069SWL
Long: 34.210293 Lat:-78.057048
FM04xf 30dl

On Sunday, December 5, 2021, 09:19:39 PM EST, Phil Pasteur via groups.io <ppasteur@...> wrote:

What Gary said is the reason I bought my first one. I think I purchased 8 of them over time. Mostly for under $10 a piece. <SIGH>I found a guy that recommended swapping a few caps for better audio with good instructions. I did that and that really made a difference in the sound quality. I did that to 4 or 5 of them. Gave most to friends, but still have 3 of them.  I use one on average 20 hours per week. Lasts forever on a single AA. Great radio except for the tuning. I used to keep two set to specific locals so I didn't have to search for them. Lots of info on how to mitigate that out there if you look. Using a FSL with one makes for amazing sessions!
A great toy to use to  play with Ultra Light DXing.
Good buy. Have fun!

--
73
Phil