Re: Sony SRF-59

Phil Pasteur

What Gary said is the reason I bought my first one. I think I purchased 8 of them over time. Mostly for under $10 a piece. <SIGH>I found a guy that recommended swapping a few caps for better audio with good instructions. I did that and that really made a difference in the sound quality. I did that to 4 or 5 of them. Gave most to friends, but still have 3 of them.  I use one on average 20 hours per week. Lasts forever on a single AA. Great radio except for the tuning. I used to keep two set to specific locals so I didn't have to search for them. Lots of info on how to mitigate that out there if you look. Using a FSL with one makes for amazing sessions!
A great toy to use to  play with Ultra Light DXing.
Good buy. Have fun!