Re: Sony SRF-59

Les Rayburn

I keep a Sony SRF-59 in the bedstead with a small pair of earbuds. While the tuning is tricky, the radio has several advantages. Super share nulls by rotating the until slowly both in a circle, and also be tilting it to various angles. It’s also very sensitive, and fairly selective despite the wide-open filters.

My wife loves it because it produces no dial light, and doesn’t keep her awake while I DX. I’ve put quite a few new ones in the book with it. Even have a brand-new until still sealed in the back for the day when my bedside model finally gives up the ghost. Great value.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

NRC & IRCA Courtesy Program Committee Chairman
Member WTFDA, MWC

Perseus SDR, Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”

On Dec 4, 2021, at 9:46 AM, M.I.H.0 via groups.io <metagenetics@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for this, I'm happy to hear that you still like to switch your one on from time to time - I've read great reports about these online.

Looking forward to the darker hours tonight.

All the best,
Mark.