Re: WOW!! Alaska AM DX Nov 28

Nick B.

It's certainly possible to push the boundaries as you guys have demonstrated. I've modified a PL-310ET to accept an external MW or LW antenna using a shielded transformer in place of the ferrite that is still tuned by the varactor diode in the Si4734 chip. This allows me to use any antenna I wish. I've managed to hear a number of North Americans with this.

Yesterday evening on my SDR, a trace on the waterfall on 680 between approx 1735 and 1830, but too weak for any audio. Nothing this evening. Spain isn't the big signal problem here, it's Droitwich on 693 I need to be able to null.

Regards,
Nick