Re: Publication news

Gary DeBock

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 04:46 PM, Ray Mongrain wrote:
Hi,

The article was great.  I would like to build an antenna.  Please show me where I can find instructions.

Thanks,
Ray

Thanks Ray,

Depending on what antenna you wish to build, a couple of these links may prove useful.

If you would like an enhanced (7.5 inch) MW or LW loopstick for the XHDATA D-808 model, a full construction article is posted at https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/5d0pi85jfptgmrj4pd0jsmaybgb6gteh
If you would like a 3" Baby FSL antenna (with the design photo and construction parts photo attached), a full construction article is currently being drafted. But if you have antenna building experience you can build off of the design photo posted in this message, substituting 100mm x 8mm Russian surplus ferrite rods (available on eBay) for the 160mm x 8mm rods called for in the very similar 3.5" Frequent Flyer FSL full construction article posted at  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/kawg0ae79yktfw6qzhuh0jw2npxdw80c

There have been numerous improvements in compact FSL design and survivability since the 3.5" Frequent Flyer article was drafted in July of 2017, so I don't recommend that you build that model. The recent improvements stop ferrite rod horizontal shifting and ferrite sleeve rotation, making the antenna far more rugged for survival in tough environments (ocean cliffs, Alaskan snowfields, or maybe United Airlines luggage ramps).

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)