Re: Off Topic but I have to share this :)

Gary DeBock

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 12:07 PM, Peter 1956 wrote:
1152 AUS 6PB ABC NewsRadio Busselton 8469km with ID
My first MW station from Australia received here in Botswana. Fades up over Romania. ID "ABC News" @20:00 UTC 28th Aug 2021. Airspy HF+ Discovery, SDR Console V3, random wire with binocular balun. 1152 AUS 6PB ABC NewsRadio Busselton 8469km with ID

Peter
Peter,

This isn't off topic-- breakthrough SDR DX gives us a hint of which stations are good targets for Ultralight DXing!

During the recent Rockwork Cliff DXpedition I was side by side with multiple SDR-DXers, and we gave each other tips about which DX stations to chase. The Ultralights + FSL's had a reception advantage on the extreme low band frequencies like 531 and 558 (one frequency at a time), while the SDR's + broadband loops excelled on the extreme high band.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)