Re: Log Book Entry #117

satya@...

Hey Jack:

That's a good one, especially under such a strong local! I'm glad the
crate loop is working well, and the sensitivity of the DT-400W doesn't
hurt either.

My wife is not altogether sure either what it is that DX holds for us, but
she bemusedly heard me get up every morning at 2:30-3:00 this past week at
the beach to chase trans-pacific DX.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

Now I know that there many members of this site with many more logs than
117 but I'm just a little bit proud of 117. I got up early this AM and had
a quick look at the paper and then sat down and picked up the DT400W and
tuned to 640 and heard the familiar CFMJ from the Toronto area
transmitting @50k watts, but underneath I just barely made out a woman's
voice with a British accent, I turned the the DT400 and nulled CFMJ just a
little, then I grabbed the crate loop and tuned the freq. It was the BBC
World Service being relayed from WOI in Ames Iowa at all of 1000 watts at
that time of the day, I confirmed their programming sched on their
website, BBC from 12:00AM till 6:00AM. Ames is 1452Km from my listening
post in Smith Falls, On.
This is the stuff that makes DXing such a rewarding hobby, at least for
me, my wife doesn't know what the heck I'm talking about.

Jack Leonard
Smiths Falls, On