Twenty Days In:
Over the weekend I was able to undertake some more side by side testing of this radio. I ran some tests with both my AR-1733 and TEAC PR130 against this radio. Using both the internal aerials and also trying it with my 3" FSL, the results were not great. Basically the V-115 suffers badly from both internally generated noises across the band and it also picks up weird noises from other household appliances. Using 3GG on 531kHz as a reference station, the V-115 performed the worst out of the three radios, even with the use of my 3" FSL, it still struggled to pull in much of a signal on this frequency. Going across the band and checking a number of other stations, the results were sadly repeated. The 3" FSL seems to cause a number of issues with the V-115 being unable to handle this. My TEAC PR130 overall performed better and handled the 3" FSL easily.

My AR-1733 is easily the best performed out of the three and I will be using this as my main DX'ing radio from now on. The recorder in the V-115 will still be used at times, mainly with the line-in feature.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 2:18 PM Paul Blundell via groups.io <tanger32au=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have never really hidden who I am in real life. A simple search brings up a lot about me.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 1:11 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
More so how easy it is to stalk people these days and how much information they share so freely.

Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2021 at 2:12 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Retekess V-115 FM/AM/SW Radio Review – July 2021
I like living here, what do you find is funny about what I share?

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 12:53 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
It is funny how much people share. I didn't know that was where he lived. Sounds like an interesting place. Good video too.

Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 at 8:56 PM
From: "trrs73" <trrs73@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
Just posted video on my YouTube channel.  Here is the link.  Please comment with any corrections.

https://youtu.be/5XcrnLCJNic

Thanks,

Tom Stiles