Re: PL330 battery discharge time

Paul Blundell

Our local tip has an ewaste area. Due to my work I use it a bit.

On Fri, 6 Aug 2021, 16:39 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
In your part of the world, how do you deal with it? I guess this could also relate to old and broken radios? Do you have a recycling system for them?

Sent: Friday, August 06, 2021 at 2:15 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] PL330 battery discharge time
I know. I am in the process of replacing a heap of mobiles here at work due to the batteries losing charge quickly... It is sad to see how much ewaste we produce these days.

Paul

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 1:10 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Add to this cell phones these days are 99% with the battery builtin, you can't even replace them.

Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2021 at 10:12 AM
From: "DXer" <hfdxmonitor@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
I dislike radios that 'deviate' from the AA battery 'standard', but if your radio has a USB port for charging, I've been using Dollar Store cellphone battery banks. They work a treat and last a long time.

Regards,

Vince
Ottawa, ON