Re: Rockwork Cliff S9 DU Blasters

While I know very little about this, it looks like you have all had a great experiance and the results sound impressive. How often do you do this sort of thing?

Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2021 at 5:47 PM
From: "Gary DeBock via groups.io" <D1028Gary@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
Subject: [UltralightDX] Rockwork Cliff S9 DU Blasters
From my first couple of days at the wild and wacky Rockwork 4 plunging ocean cliff near Manzanita, OR, here is a small sample of Ultralight + 8" FSL antenna South Pacific DX. We were honored to welcome Bruce and Jeroen to the cliff for the first time this year, as well as hard-core "Cliffhangers" like Tom, Chuck and Craig (plus yours truly).

531  PI   Auckland, NZ, 5 kW   Samoan female call-in talk at blistering level at 1233 on 8-4; trace of an Aussie underneath  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/xs1z6jc5311dtv0ea6ruxa7hq9cb2lsa

558  Radio Fiji One   Suva, Fiji, 10 kW   Island music and Fijian speech at potent strength at 1314 on 8-4  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/mv6warsrd82yy6772ou377zz3lgq6h5c

585  7RN   Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, 10 kW   Female speech at huge level // 576 at 1311 on 8-4  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/g5ifxt2uebv8cqv162qca9gnrjxdej2z

594  3WV   Horsham, Australia,  50 kW   Aussie big gun can't quite shake off the pesky NZ Star network (ID at 17 seconds) at 1311 on 8-4  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/ca2kuman0joko8e7ddse87c2bov14khj

603  Radio Waatea   Auckland, NZ,   5 kW   Maori net flagship station with potent strength island music at 1307 on 8-4  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/8p56acvr09muwqmrugjfuwimworb9n6n

936  Chinese Voice   Auckland, NZ,  1 kW   Very low powered ethnic station blasting in over S9 with female Chinese speech at 1246 on 8-3-- best signal ever at the Cliff  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/wzxseegq4kapemsr6herf9e72ufx4j03

1017  A3Z   Nuku'alofa, Tonga   20 kW   The usual meltdown level signal with island music at 1318 on 8-4  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/i378fdbilz4j9ad709x0a47bkvvg08cb

Gary DeBock (DXing at the Rockwork 4 Cliff near Manzanita, OR, USA
7.5" loopstick CC Skywave and XHDATA D-808 portables + two 8" FSL antennas