Re: Loggings - 03/08/2021

Jorge Garzón

Hi Frank,
I am finishing a post about the UL DX Index with clearer and extended info. It will be available in 24 h on my blog. The Index just shows the difficult a signal is to be heard in our ULR and Small Portables assuming that transmitting power is the main reason to catch a signal, then the distance, at least on LW and MW (0,1 to 2000 kHz).
Most of the times we are thinking that distance is the most important, but technically hearing a 1w signal at a distance of 100 km is a better catch that a 5 kW station at 5.000 km.
Physically is a better listening although can be less exciting for some DXers. But we are just numbering how difficult is but not the personal excitement given by a good catch.

Variation of signal strength does not change the index. That's why we offer two categories: barefoot receivers and receivers inductively coupled with an external loop or wire aerial.

Every comment on this matter will give us opportunities to find the best way to use and score it.
73
--
Jorge Garzón (EB7EFA · EA1036 SWL)
QTH: IN83ag / 43º15' N · 03º56' W