Re: WFNI 1070 Indianapolis (ex WIBC) going off 8/2

Mark Roberts

In the middle of the U.S., 1070 is a very messy frequency at night. KHMO Hannibal, MO; WDIA Memphis, TN (a legendary station); KFTI (formerly KFDI) Wichita, KS; KNTH Houston, TX all have nighttime directional signals with sharp nulls. As with so many other nighttime Houston DAs, KNTH sends most of its signal out over the Gulf of Mexico.

When I lived in Houston, I could always hear a little bit of KNX underneath KRBE (what's now KNTH) at night.

At my present location in the San Francisco Bay Area, KNX comes in well most nights, of course. I recently took a short vacation near Sonora, California, and KNX was a steady presence there every night.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 10:22 PM kevin asato <kc6pob@...> wrote:
KFI is at 640KHz in Los Angeles. 1070KHz is KNX with transmitter in Torrance, CA (Los Angeles County).
73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 9:15 PM Dave Hascall <dhinfomedia@...> wrote:
I don't doubt that KFI is underneath WFNI at least a few times a year but DXers in Illinois hear them a time or two a year.  I did manage them once but my odds are increasing for a relog and maybe a new ULR logbook.