Re: Introducing the ULR DXing Chart-Index

Paul Blundell

Those are some interesting numbers, I guess any system / index will have advantages and disadvantages.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 4:01 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Ideally we could adjust these values, based on our local area and needs.
I did some quick maths on a few examples.

550.0 Example 1 643.0 5000.0 0.129
550.0 Example 2 2500.0 5000.0 0.500
660.0 Example 3 321.0 200.0 1.605
660.0 Example 4 50.0 100.0 0.500
660.0 Example 5 1000.0 500.0 2.000
660.0 Example 6 4023.0 5000.0 0.805

Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 3:05 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Introducing the ULR DXing Chart-Index
Given we are a world wide group, we will always have differences in the way things work and what might work for one group / area might not work as well in another.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 2:29 PM Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...> wrote:
Exactly Paul, so there is no point me taking part in this, as I don't have any low power stations close to me. My long distance catches get a low index score. so no point entering them. This whole index concept seems flawed to me.

Peter