Re: March 2021 South American Ultralight DXpedition by Martin Butera

Paul Blundell

I 100% agree, we have some really determined members of the ultralight DXing community and they give me something to aspire for.

Paul

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 6:46 AM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 04:16 AM, radiojayallen wrote:
An amazing list considering he used only the Radiwow barefoot...really shows how the skill of the user is at least as important as the quality of the equipment. You gotta respect that!

Jay
Absolutely!

Any time a DXer gets outstanding results by extra effort using very basic equipment, he deserves a lot of praise. Other recent Ultralight radio examples are Peter in Botswana, and Paul in Alaska. Both of those guys face weather extremes in addition to the Ultralight radio challenge, and both deserve a ton of respect for their awesome results. Martin in Brazil is the latest example of this determined attitude-- which has made this group one of the most vibrant in the AM-DXing community.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)