Re: Retekess V-115 FM/AM/SW Radio Review – July 2021

Tammy Walker

Hi, Paul.  I didn't see an answer to your question about the earphones and speaker, so here's my experience with it.  That doesn't happen on the two that I have.  One I grabbed on sale to use primarily for recording from other radios, so less experience with that one via earphones but no problems so far.  I've used the other one for a long while now pretty much exclusively with earphones, since it's the one I use when I unintentionally wake up at 4am and don't want to wake up my husband....  I also ended up getting a Koss VC20 volume control since the radio was too loud via earphones set to the lowest volume.

A good radio for the purposes I have them for (recording and local strong AM/FM), but definitely a mess when I attached an external antenna.

Hope this helps.

--
Tammy