Re: ABC DRM Transmissions

Jorge Garzón

Hi Paul,
I think remote receivers in the WebSDR network are DRM decoding capable. In case they are, you could decode it directly.

In my opinion DRM is senseless and just adds noise to our already 'overnoised' AM band. India was one of the nations supporting this and they decided to give it up abruptly some months back.
¡Saludos!

El mar., jul. 27, 2021 a 3:36, Richard Allen via groups.io
<dx747j@...> escribió:
I agree.  They only reason I can hear DRM is because it was included in the software I use to listen to my WiNRADiO SDR.

You can have a listen to the difference between DRM and AM by going to:  https://www.drm.org/what-can-i-hear/

It seems their is a push to put DRM receivers in automobiles in some countries.  Here in the USA a lot of modern car radios can receive digital signals (not DRM) which are piggy-backed on the existing channels in the FM (88-108 MHz) band.  The receiver in my Toyota Tacoma can receive them where available.  They have tried something similar on the AM (540-1700 kHz) band here but it has fizzled.

Richard.

On Jul 26, 2021, at 18:34, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

Thanks Richard, I don't have anything that can decode it. I am not sure why they are doing this as I don't think many people would be able to hear it.