Re: Portable Ultralight Radio DXing Case - July 2021

Paul Blundell

I did try a bag in the past but was not that happy with it. I have thought about using a crate and have been keeping an eye out locally for anything suitable.

Paul

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 12:08 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Would a bag work better or a crate?

Sent: Monday, July 26, 2021 at 4:12 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Portable Ultralight Radio DXing Case - July 2021
So far I am very happy with it. The next job is to sort out a case for my 3" FSL, I think having this in a separate case will make things easier.

Paul

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 12:57 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Great looking case. That looks like a very secure way to store and carry them.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 at 1:11 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io

Recently I have been on the lookout for a suitable carry case for my ultralight radios. I have found that carrying my 3" FSL plus all my radios was overkill, mainly when I find I am mostly DXing "barefoot".

My local Bunnings has a range of cases and I found that this one was the best size for my needs, it cost $16. The foam that comes with it is pretty poor so I replaced this with a much better piece of foam, this cost $33. The total is under $50. I also added the velcro strap to help keep the case closed securely.

I have setup the foam today with cutouts for my three main ultralight radios plus spare batteries and charger, ear phones and notebook / log sheets.

I am very happy with how this has turned out and think it will serve me well.