Re: ABC DRM Transmissions

Richard Allen

I agree.  They only reason I can hear DRM is because it was included in the software I use to listen to my WiNRADiO SDR.

You can have a listen to the difference between DRM and AM by going to:  https://www.drm.org/what-can-i-hear/

It seems their is a push to put DRM receivers in automobiles in some countries.  Here in the USA a lot of modern car radios can receive digital signals (not DRM) which are piggy-backed on the existing channels in the FM (88-108 MHz) band.  The receiver in my Toyota Tacoma can receive them where available.  They have tried something similar on the AM (540-1700 kHz) band here but it has fizzled.

Richard.

On Jul 26, 2021, at 18:34, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

Thanks Richard, I don't have anything that can decode it. I am not sure why they are doing this as I don't think many people would be able to hear it._._,_._,_