Re: ABC DRM Transmissions

Paul Blundell

Thanks Richard, I don't have anything that can decode it. I am not sure why they are doing this as I don't think many people would be able to hear it.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 8:24 AM Richard Allen via groups.io <dx747j=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
You need a special receiver capable of decoding DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale).  Or, special decoding software if using a SDR.  I used to listen to DRM transmissions from Radio New Zealand using a WiNRADiO G313 SDR.  A decade or so ago DRM broadcasts were quite common.  As the plug has been pulled on most shortwave transmissions it has became rare.  RNZ is one of the few still using DRM on some of their broadcasts to the Pacific islands.  When properly decoded, the sound can sound almost FM quality, sometimes in stereo. Fading will cause occasional signal drop out.  It sometimes tricky.

The only DRM signal received regularly here now is data transmission from Radio Marti, Greenville NC.

Richard Allen

On Jul 26, 2021, at 17:00, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

What equipment do you need to decode this?