Re: Direct Connection between FSL and PL 360?

Steve Ratzlaff

Hi Peter,

The radio uses the SiLabs DSP chip--it requires a specific inductance so the DSP chip will tune. It's not an external antenna input as such, it wants an inductance such as what the stock ferrite loop antenna presents to it. It's not an external antenna input as we think of it like a radio with a 50 ohm standard antenna input.

You could inductively couple the output of your Flag antenna to the stock ferrite loop antenna that plugs into the radio, I suppose, and try that.

73,

Steve

On 7/6/2021 9:40 PM, Peter 1956 wrote:
Hello Steve,
Do you know the impedance of the PL-360 aerial socket?
I'm thinking about connecting a flag antenna.

Peter
Botswana