Re: Belka DX

John

Hello Jorge,

I ordered the radio direct from the designer (https://www.belrig.by/).  Alex is very responsive to emails and provides excellent customer service.   Shipment was delayed a short time due to component shortages , but I was kept informed and up to date on the status.  Shipping took only about 10 days , and I know that the US postal "service" was responsible for a part of that.  Ordering direct from Alex saved me a considerable amount of money.

I am still learning the radio, but I'm still very pleased.  Size wise, it's smaller than a deck of cards, but larger than a matchbox.   The screen contains all the information needed, without vacuuming up batteries with a lot of excess bling that is just "eye candy" rather than anything particularly necessary .

Here's a link to a bunch of reviews. If you're looking for an ultra-small radio for all-mode shortwave listening, this is a great choice

John K5MO

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 2:47 AM Jorge Garzón via groups.io <iberiaDX=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Morning,
John, where did you order the radio? I have been informed of some doubtful web sites.
Nigel, any chance to get that Radio User review as a .pdf file?
73

El lun., jun. 28, 2021 a 17:09, nigel head via groups.io
<m0dbo=yahoo.com@groups.io> escribió:
There was a review of this receiver in Radio User magazine last month

Dawn Head

On 28 Jun 2021, at 13:06, Dave613 <david.elden.613@...> wrote:

I made a PDF version of the instruction manual, prints on 3x5 inch paper. It's based on (cut and pasted from) info from the manufacturer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jskjvrgt0amppyl/Belka-DX%20User%20Manual.pdf?dl=0
The UI is really very good IMO given the small number of controls for all the functions.
Dave.