Re: New Design 3 inch (76mm) Baby FSL Antenna-- a Tiny Thriller

Gary DeBock

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 10:34 AM, Jim B wrote:
I have an old 6" fsl with 5 1/2' rods and 100/44 litz wire. It works well, but I am wondering if rewinding it with 1162/46 Litz wire would make much of an improvement?  thanks  Jim
Hi Jim,

Replacement of 100/44 Litz wire with 1162/46 Litz wire in any FSL antenna design would result in a huge increase in MW sensitivity, and is well worth the effort.

The 1162/46 Litz wire requires a 60-watt soldering iron or gun for proper installation, though, and costs about $1 per foot-- resulting in about a $35 cost for the coil and "pigtails" (for soldering to the variable cap).

Gary