Re: New Design 3 inch (76mm) Baby FSL Antenna-- a Tiny Thriller

Arthur Samel

interested in this

-----Original Message-----
From: FRANCIS WELCH via groups.io <n1fus@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jun 21, 2021 5:32 pm
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] New Design 3 inch (76mm) Baby FSL Antenna-- a Tiny Thriller

Gary  If you are going to make some of these could you please add my name to the list. I would be more than happy to pay in advance .
Thank you
Frank Welch
Worcester,MA

On Monday, June 21, 2021, 01:34:15 PM EDT, Jim B <jim01028@...> wrote:

I have an old 6" fsl with 5 1/2' rods and 100/44 litz wire. It works well, but I am wondering if rewinding it with 1162/46 Litz wire would make much of an improvement?  thanks  Jim

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 9:55 PM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
In the latest of the "lean and mean" FSL antennas developed during the Pandemic, the new 3 inch Baby FSL was an experiment to cram the most sensitive 1162/46 Litz wire and the sharpest-tuning "384P* variable cap onto the shortest yet ferrite material-- the 100mm x 8mm Russian surplus ferrite rods. The result is a tiny little DXing firecracker weighing only 2.4 pounds (1.1kg). In the video linked below the new antenna boosts a daytime DX fringe signal from 980-CKNW (50 kW at 156 miles) from S1 up to around S9. All the parts necessary to construct his little monster are readily available, so hopefully it will make a serious dent in the Baby FSL waiting list  (4) New 3 inch (76mm) Baby FSL antenna-- a Tiny Thriller - YouTube

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)