Re: Common Interference Sources

radiojayallen

Motion detector lights are a big offender. I had to replace a garage door opened because the motion detector light wiped out almost all AM and SW through the entire house, although usually it is a bit less severe than that. In my new house, several appliances are RF noisy...my washing machine makes RFI but luckily only while it is running.

I also once had a very odd RFI issue that was very hard to find.. After turning off circuit breakers I knew which circuit the culprit was on, but after turning the breaker off then back on again the noise wouldn't come back for anywhere from an hour to a day. It turned out to be an audio processor (a DBX 119) which was plugged into an outlet strip...either item alone was OK but when plugged in together they created noise. I got rid of both since I no longer trusted them.