Re: Air Band Receivers

Paul Blundell

It sure does sound like it might fit the bill of what I have been looking for.

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021, 22:11 Michael Schuster, <schuster.ma@...> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 07:25 PM, Paul Blundell wrote:
Thanks Michael, I will be keeping an eye out for when this is released.

Paul

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 9:19 PM Michael Schuster <schuster.ma@...> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 12:08 AM, Paul Blundell wrote:
The HRD-747 sounds very interesting, does anybody know of any time frames around it being released.
It was supposed t have been released by April but I have not seen anything more than that initial look at an engineering prototype from February.
Paul,

I have always looked at do-it-all zero-to-light portable receivers with a jaundiced eye as they rarely perform as well in actual use. Starting with the Icom IC-R1 many, many years ago. But I think the adoption of DSP technology changes a lot of that for the better (look at all the cheap, competent, tiny SILabs based boxes for sale on Ali, eBay, and Amazon) so maybe this one will show that the designers actually learned from earlier efforts.

--mike