Re: Awards Program

Gary DeBock

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 12:45 AM, Jorge Garzón wrote:
The ULR Group awards, as it is now, is a real gem, with beautiful classic designs and challenges to be beaten. I am awaiting to prepare the first awards and maybe we could first issue the two Ross DX Challenge awards we got, Paul Logan and me, at the end of year 2020. That interesting exercise was, in a way, what allowed to spread this fascinating side of DXing aroud here.
Thanks Jorge,

The original ULR group Awards program was indeed a real gem, and it was extremely popular. In fact. it was so popular that the demand for the Award Certificates eventually overwhelmed the two volunteers.

Your generous offer to administer a European Awards Program is greatly appreciated, and thank you for your comment on the original Award Certificates! In the ULR-DXing community, the demand has always been for awards honoring long range DXing accomplishments-- especially transoceanic or transcontinental DXing receptions. The State and Province awards here in North America were also extremely popular.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)