Re: Awards Program
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thanks for all the replies.
The below is something I have started in the past but never got off the ground, do you think this might make a good start? The name and details of it are all "up in the air" so I would welcome any and all feedback.
"ParkRXing is an awards program for anybody interested in the radio hobby, which encourages portable operation in parks and similar areas.
ParkRXing has been designed to make participation possible for anybody interested in the radio hobby. The rules are very simple and the awards have been designed to be achievable. The purpose is to encourage portable operation in parks and other similar locations, making the radio hobby more public and allow radio hobbyists to enjoy the great outdoors.
How do I start?
Get out in a local park with your radios and log what you hear, it really is that simple. A log file is available for download on this site.
These rules are simple and have been designed to enhance the enjoyment of this awards program and ensure fairness.
1) All ParkRXing activity must take part in a public park, lookout, beach, mountain top or other such public location. All equipment must be portable and carried by the participant to their operating location.
2) No ParkRXing activity is permitted on private property for award purposes.
3) 5/10/15 rule:
- You must walk a minimum of 5 metres from any motorised mode of transport for a valid ParkRXing activity.
- You must log a minimum of 10 frequencies for a valid ParkRXing activity.
- You must remain in your location for a minimum of 15 minutes for a valid ParkRXing activity.
4) All frequencies must carry voice traffic. Data / paging frequencies are not permitted for award purposes.
5) All HF/VHF/UHF frequency bands are all permitted for award purposes.
6) Each location may only be counted once in a 48 hour period for award purposes.
7) Each frequency may only be counted once per location per ParkRXing activity.
8) All decisions of the ParkRXing administrator are final
Each activity counts for 1 point, bonus points are awarded for the first ParkRXing activity at each location (to encourage ParkRXing activity from different locations.) This adds 5 points to your tally.
Below is an example of a valid log.
Certificates will be emailed to all participants on the receipt of a valid log for the achievement levels below:
On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 10:17 PM Harold Cheetham via groups.io <email@example.com> wrote: