Re: Good source for 18650 batteries?

Paul Blundell

Thanks Jay, I have found that my TEAC PR130 seems to draw down the batteries a bit, even when turned off.

Paul

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 10:10 PM radiojayallen <radiojayallen@...> wrote:
For radios I use with any regularity I don' remove the batteries...too inconvenient. I only had the two radios which drained batteries fast while off (they would be down in a few days) were both defective and replacements eliminated the problem, so this shouldn't normally be an issue. With one such radio the audio amp was staying on all the time...the cause of the second one (a PL-990) is yet to be determined but I am waiting for an answer on that from the seller. The replacement PL-990 doesn't have this problem).

To be clear, digital radios do use a small amount of power to keep the clock running but this kind of drain should take a long time to show up so if you use the radio even once a month you shouldn't notice it.

Jay