Re: Good source for 18650 batteries?

DX Pedro

That's actually works nicely. I do that in my radios and also in my
old car that I drive only on special occasions. From my experience, it
actually prolongs battery life

// pedro andrade

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 12:19 AM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@gmail.com> wrote:

I wonder if people remove batteries when their radios are not in use? I have started doing that as I have more radios than batteries at the moment.

Paul

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 2:01 AM vbifyz <3ym3ym@gmail.com> wrote:

My PL-880 started draining batteries while off recently. Before this began, the battery would stay charged for months if not used. Now there is 15mA constant discharge current. The worst part is that it doesn't stop when the voltage is below 3V, killing the cell. I had to throw away 2 cells before I realized what's wrong.
As for the source of 18650 cells, the best source for me is tested cells from discarded laptop batteries.

73, Mike AF7KR