Re: Sangean DT-800

Mark Roberts

It's a good radio: my quibble with it is that the threshold for FM stereo reception is set rather high. For example, you might get stereo reception on a Tecsun model (or some other model) but the Sangean will stay in mono, even though signal strength and sensitivity are comparable. This seems to be the case with all the Sangean DSP-based models. For example, the DT-160 is the same way.

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 9:08 PM Mike Sanburn <mikesanburn@...> wrote:
I was just watching part of this video on the Sangean DT 800. 'Looks like a pretty zoot little rig!
Mike Sanburn  Lakewood CA

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of Johnny via groups.io <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 6, 2021 12:12 PM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io>
Subject: [UltralightDX] Sangean DT-800

Hi all,

Just received my Sangean DT-800 in the mail and what a gem it is!!!

I find it quite sensitive on AM/FM with a nice set of features that I find very useful.  It even has the ability to turn off "muting".  Nice!  :)

I'm finding it to be the best of my radios in this "handheld form factor" so far, narrowly beating out my CCrane Pocket, that I also love!

Anyone else like this radio?

Johnny