Re: How CCrane Skywave tunes VHF Air AM and NOAA NFM transmissions?

Paul Blundell

Thanks. That is great information.

On Fri, 7 May 2021, 17:50 h. garcia, <pu3hag.l@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Guess I found evidence Skywave SSB uses a Si4735-D60.

I payed a visit to the excellent PU2LCR Ricardo Caratti's Si47xx Arduino Library Project at Github. The documentation  refers a few times to the  "AN332 REV 0.8 UNIVERSAL PROGRAMMING GUIDE
AMENDMENT FOR SI4735-D60 SSB AND NBFM PATCHES". It's the PDF attached.

Have you ever noticed when you switch to SSB, Si473x-based receivers mute the speaker for a while and show an animated icon? That's the microprocessor live patching the SiLabs chip with new DSP code. On pages 4 and 33 of the PDF, you can see the commands and parameters available once the SSB or NBFM patch gets loaded.