Re: Handheld Ultralight FM DXing Directional Antenna?

Paul Blundell

That is a good point as I have also noticed much the same, they work well with the standard whip but not much better with anything extremal.

On Wed, 5 May 2021, 20:27 radiojayallen, <radiojayallen@...> wrote:
I see merit in both approaches...it's certainly worth experimenting with, although I will say that in my over-crowded FM location I can often receive two or even three signals on a given frequency be re-orienting the whip and moving the radio. One thing though that I haven't seen discussed is that I've found many DSP FM portables don't seem to do any better with an external antenna compared with their whip unless it can be located in a better location such as on a roof, and I've wondered if this has to do with how well the .tuner's input is matched to the whip.