Re: Handheld Ultralight FM DXing Directional Antenna?

Paul Blundell

That is a good point Richard, in the area I am in, it is hard to get much FM DX, unless we get some assistance over the summer months.

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 1:26 AM Richard Allen via groups.io <dx747j=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don’t know if an external antenna is necessary.  My personal experience FM DXing with an ULR has been strictly with a barefoot receiver using only the attached telescopic antenna. To date I’ve logged 875 stations by Es, Ms and tropospheric modes from the Bahamas, Canada and USA.  My primary receiver is a Tecsun PL-606.

Good DX all.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.

On May 4, 2021, at 07:59, Johnny via groups.io <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

You have given me a great idea!

An antenna mounted on a tripod could be very helpful!

I may pursue that option, as I could locate it in a room or take it outside.  I'll have to think about that a bit.

Interesting idea.  I'm not big on a permanent antenna on the house.  I wouldn't want to be "tied" to that.

Thanks!

Johnny