Re: Daytime DXing Records Suggested

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

OK, fellas!

Lets found a Most Distant Reception: Daytime record that we may expand into transmitter power categories later.  Daytime is officially defined as that perior from Local Sunrise + 2 hours to Local Sunset - 2 hours. What I'll need for a submittal is just like the other records.... Date, Time, Frequency, Station, Location, Distance and you might as well record tx power.  If it is very close to the edges of that definition of Daytime, please do take care.... but as usual, the honor system rules.

Why don't you submit them here on the group so we'll see the level of activity.  I'll collect data for a week or two an then do a record update.

John B.

At 05:23 PM 6/7/2008 -0400, you wrote:

At 02:14 PM 6/7/2008, you wrote:

Carl DeWhitt suggested:

Today i logged KKLL -1100-Webb City,Mo from 0853-0900 Central time
with southern gospel music and network station i.d.s on the hour.poor
signal.
It is my most distant daytime log this far up the band on an ultralight.
To date,i have logged 9 states in the daytime on an ultralight with my
most distant catch being KLTT-Commerce City,Co -568 miles.
States heard in the daytime-Ok,Tx,Ar,Mo,Ks,,Co,,Ia,SD&Ne.
How about new categories for most distant catch during the daytime and
number of states heard during the day ?

Hi Carl.....that is a GREAT Idea!!! I think Daytime Distance Records would add a New Dimension to this already Crazy Subculture of our Hobby!! As a matter of fact.....after the Sprint Contest earlier this year, one of my Suggestions was to open up a "Daytime Only" Contest Category for DX'ers who wanted to enter the contest by logging ONLY stations heard during the daylight hours!! It is amazing just how far we can sometimes hear stuff during daylight hours....especially in the Winter!!!

So.....Here is another vote John, to open up a Datytime Only Record......even if we just keep it simple and say...."Any station heard during Daylight Time"....that's Plus or Minus 2 hours of Sunrise and Sunset....as you mentioned John.

I really think it would be interesting to see what can be accomplished in this Sub Category. If it catches on....then sure......open up the Various Power Categories as well.....

I know when I entered the Sprint Contest in the Spring....MANY of the stations I logged for the contest were heard during the Daytime!!

I'm glad to see that Carl suggested this......and I'm sure there are others who would like the idea!!!

And.....If Allen Wylie logs Africa....or John Bryant Logs Austrailia during Daylight hours.......I SURRENDER!!!! HAHAHHAHA....

73....ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
Box 1003, Stn. B.
London, Ontario
CANADA N6A5K1

Antique/Vintage Radio Enthusiast
Amateur Radio Stations VA3SW/VE3JFC

Defy Physics.....Play Table Tennis!! (Ping Pong with an Attitude)
«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.