Re: Hi From Michigan, USA

Gary DeBock

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 04:19 PM, John Lochey wrote:
Hi all,

Just joined the group!  Have absolutely loved radios my whole life!

Getting back into AM ultralight DX'ing with my CCrane pocket, CCrane Skywave and Tecsun Pl-380.

Really enjoying reading all the posts!

Question #1
Are there any current "competitions" going on?
Hi Johnny,

As for "competitions," (although your meaning isn't completely clear), if you are looking for competitions between Ultralight radios, your timing is phenomenal.

The 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout (pictured) should be completed in a about a week (35+ pages), and will include extremely detailed reviews of the XHDATA D-808 (not an "official" Ultralight, by the way), Radiwow R-108, C. Crane Skywave (both versions), Tecsun PL-330 and Tecsun PL-380. They are in the final "shootout" process now-- and a couple of them have already bitten the dust on various bands (AM, FM, SW and AIR).

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)