Re: Hello from the new guy . . . with a question

Gary DeBock

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 03:57 AM, Jock Elliott wrote:
Gary,

I've been away; I've been distracted, so I may have missed it.

Has that ultralight shootout that you were working on been published?

Cheers, Jock
Hi Again Jock,

The 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout is an extremely detailed comparison of the XHDATA D-808, Radiwow R-108, Tecsun PL-330, C. Crane Skywave and Tecsun PL-380 models. Part One of the Shootout (18 pages) has already been published in the Medium Wave News April edition, and includes full reviews of the D-808, R-108 and PL-330. Part Two of the Shootout is being completed this week, and will include additional full reviews of the CC Skywave and PL-380, plus the Shootout portion (where these models' signals will be directly compared on MW, FM, SW and AIR). The Part Two will also include a "final verdict" for each model, judging its value in the 2021 pocket radio market. "Part Two" should be published in the May edition of the Medium Wave News, after which all five detailed model reviews and the full article (about 35 pages) will be available to all.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)