Daytime DXing Records Suggested

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Carl DeWhitt suggested:

Today i logged KKLL -1100-Webb City,Mo from 0853-0900 Central time
with southern gospel music and network station i.d.s on the hour.poor
signal.
It is my most distant daytime log this far up the band on an ultralight.
To date,i have logged 9 states in the daytime on an ultralight with my
most distant catch being KLTT-Commerce City,Co -568 miles.
States heard in the daytime-Ok,Tx,Ar,Mo,Ks,,Co,,Ia,SD&Ne.
How about new categories for most distant catch during the daytime and
number of states heard during the day ?

Carl,

Great going!!!

I'd never thought to try this..... just right now with only your loggings (SOUTH DAKOTA, HUH?), I'd hate to add a whole 'nuther set of records... for 50 kw, 10 kw, 5 kw 1kw, etc. HOWEVER, if several people started daytime DXing, I'd first add just a single category for longest/furthest NON-COASTAL daytime reception and then if the interest built, add the full array of records.  I'd also strongly suggest that the daytime records be limited to daytime receptions  more than two hours away from either local sunrise or sunset.  Your KLTT would sure qualify.

True daytime DX (sunrise+2 hours to sunset - 2hours) , sounds exactly like something that I would enjoy this summer as I lay in the lounge chair on the deck.  What a great idea!

Thanks for the suggestion, Carl, lets see what develops.... and keep your loggings.... all of our records are retroactive when they are announced.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest