Re: The curiosity bug has bitten me . . .

kevin asato

Wind a few turns over the FSL, then connect directly into the antenna terminals - most likely the spring terminals on the R8. The FSL is still free to rotate to aid in receiving the best signal.
73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:32 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
FSL's (I have one) use induction to connect to the internal bar aerial in radios, as these radios don't have an internal bar aerial, I am not sure how it would be best to connect them?

Paul

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 9:36 PM Jock Elliott <jock.elliott@...> wrote:

For the past several hours, I have been chasing down a DuckDuckGo search on "ultralight DXing."

It yielded a lot of interesting stuff, and early this AM, an article on "A new approach to FSL antenna construction" popped up. You can find it here: https://mydxer.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-new-approach-to-fsl-antenna.html

These FSL antennas fascinate me; they are so unusual looking.

So a question popped to mind: has anyone tried hooking an FSL antenna up to a communications receiver like a Drake R8 or an R75? (Call  it ultra-heavy DXing). And if so, how did it work?