The curiosity bug has bitten me . . .

Jock Elliott

For the past several hours, I have been chasing down a DuckDuckGo search on "ultralight DXing."

It yielded a lot of interesting stuff, and early this AM, an article on "A new approach to FSL antenna construction" popped up. You can find it here: https://mydxer.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-new-approach-to-fsl-antenna.html

These FSL antennas fascinate me; they are so unusual looking.

So a question popped to mind: has anyone tried hooking an FSL antenna up to a communications receiver like a Drake R8 or an R75? (CallĀ  it ultra-heavy DXing). And if so, how did it work?