Re: Australian Assistance Needed-- "Radio 531"

Paul Blundell

Hi Gary,

I have had a look at their website and social media, I can't find any reference to either slogan. I also noticed that neither had been updated in the past few months.

Paul

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 10:42 AM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
This strong 531 kHz Australian station with an oldies music format was received at 1441 UTC on March 3 at the Rockwork ocean cliff during a sunrise session, and features an ID, "Radio Five Thirty One" at 34 seconds. Later on at 43 seconds there is another network ID, "on the ________ radio network." (it sounds like "civil radio network")  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/5ih24gvcr4t9jecqt2zo6mbusvbo9vzi

Does anyone in Oz know whether 531-4KZ has started IDing itself as "Radio Five Thirty One?" This station's format matches the long-tern format of 4KZ, but previously 4KZ identified itself as on the "KZ" network, and the network ID at 43 seconds certainly doesn't sound like "KZ" any more. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated-- thanks!

Gary DeBock
DXing at the Rockwork 2 Ocean Cliff (near Manzanita, OR, USA) from March 3-6