Re: 531 kHz Australians' S9+ Shootout at 11,700 km

Gary DeBock

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 08:46 AM, C B wrote:
Great recording! Thanks. I might have expected that with the behemoth FSLs you brought to Rockwork the two years I joined you. The effectiveness of the 6 inch FSLs continues to amaze. I'm glad that braving the elements on the cliff paid dividends for you!
Craig Barnes
Wheat Ridge, CO

Thanks Art and Craig,

Craig, these compact , reworked FSL antennas are the way to go-- just ask Paul, up in Alaska! He mentioned to me yesterday that he thinks his 5 inch FSL outperforms a 4 foot air core box loop. There isn't much sense in dragging the 35 lb. monster FSL's around the ocean cliffs when these 9 lb. models can track down S9+ snarls of the Australians on 531 like this in March, and all-time west coast firsts like 594-Myanmar and 675-AIR in October.

Craig, these new-design 6 inch FSL models pack a little more gain than your 5 inch "Frequent Flyer" model, and I'll be happy to provide you with one prior to your Rockwork Cliff trip in August. I've attached a design photo of the antenna-- which (after its exceptional Asian TP-DX performance in October) has been given a new nickname here-- the "Six Appeal" FSL model :-)

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.