Re: New member looking for help

Gary DeBock

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 12:59 PM, John S wrote:
Hi all,

I’d like to get involved in Ultralight Dxing and I’m looking for a good radio that qualifies. I have a CCPocket and a PL880. I know the PL880 doesn’t qualify and the CCPocket isn’t ideal. Could some of you recommend a legit Ultralight? If it helps, I live in Western NY State.

Thanks,
John
Hi John,

If you are looking for a "legit" Ultralight, any of the 5 models covered in the 2015 Ultralight Radio Shootout will fit the bill. One of those is your CCPocket-- which I agree isn't exactly ideal for all-out DXing  Gary DeBock’s 2015 Ultralight Radio Shootout Review | The SWLing Post

Your timing in looking for a new Ultralight radio is excellent-- within a month, the new 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout review should be complete. This 20+ page major article will include very detailed reviews of the XHDATA D-808 (which is not a "legit" Ultralight, but is included for reference purposes), the Radiwow R-108 (a,k,a. Sihuadon R-108), the CC Skywave, the Tecsun PL-330 and the Tecsun PL-380. The 6-page XHDATA D-808 part of the review has already been completed, and is posted at the following link, for those who are interested  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/8y6855bnfmy45rnk46mzr7hb4pwjz8u8

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)