Video-- March 2021 Rockwork 2 Ocean Cliff DXpedition

Gary DeBock

 With nasty weather forecast for 3 out of 4 days I knew that the latest DXing trip to Manzanita, Oregon would never be boring!  The weather was indeed the most severe ever faced during ocean cliff live DXing, but on the very first morning (March 3rd) the Rockwork 2 cliff was deceptively calm, with only a 36 degree (F) temperature somewhat less than ideal. Reminding myself of Paul Walker in Alaska I gratefully set up my gear in the clear weather (thankful to be just above freezing), and noticed that the Pacific Ocean sunrise scenery was awesome from the top of the plunging cliff, complete with a lofty view of Manzanita far below. Figuring that this was the first, last and only chance that I would have during this trip to shoot a video without subjecting my phone to all-out combat, I interrupted the DU-oriented session to record the moment  (6) March 2021 Rockwork 2 Ocean Cliff DXpedition - YouTube
     The twin 6" (15cm) FSL setup with two "supercharged" portables (a CC Skywave and XHDATA D-808) is at the top of the DU-oriented cliff face of the Rockwork 2 site-- the only one with a "dual personality" (featuring both South Pacific and Asian-facing cliffs). The Asian-facing cliff site was the venue of last October's breakthrough TP-DXpedition, although this week the biggest breakthrough was probably in surviving vicious weather.

Gary DeBock (DXing at the Rockwork 2 ocean cliff from March 3-6)